ATTENTION TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR BACHELOR AND MASTER ADMISSION !!!!
All information and communication between the candidate and the Admissions Committee will be made via the email address.
Please PERMANENTLY check your email address with which you signed up for admission. All information regarding the status of the file, the ID number, the results of the contest, dates for confirmation, etc., will be sent to the email address.
After filling in the data, uploading ALL the documents and paying the fees, don’t forget to press the “Send file” button to send the application file to the commission.
If your file was sent successfully you will receive an email with the file number and the faculty you enrolled in.
Carefully check the status of the files submitted to your account on the “Files – registration” page. To the right of the folders you can check the status of your folders. If you need to reload some documents, complete the payment or change other data, you will be notified by the commission by email. The commission’s message will also be visible on the “Files – registration” page.
Applicant registration can only be made online (REGISTRATION PLATFORM)
Candidates are responsible for uploading to the platform/correctly submitting all the signed (where applicable) and scanned documents described in the Admission Regulations of Babeș-Bolyai University, approved by the Senate Decision no. 31 of 14.03.2022.
Exceptions to this rule are the 3/4 cm type photos that will be brought in physical format at the beginning of the teaching activity. Candidates assume responsibility for the authenticity and correspondence between the digital/scanned documents and the original documents to be submitted to the candidate’s file by signed written statement.
Registration form (signed), candidates will fill in the form in the admission application in which they will state, under their own signature, all the required data
Particular attention is drawn to the need to specify the option regarding specialization, language of study, form of education (full-time, part-time, distance) and funding regime.
Please note that if there will not be enough candidates for the specialization chosen by the candidate to form a study group, they will be able to opt for a specialization in the same field, at the same faculty, provided that this specialization is mentioned in the registration form used by the faculty.
After the registration period ends, the options, their order and other information in the registration form cannot be changed.
- Highschool diploma/certificate and transcript (for diplomas accompanied by transcript) or equivalent;
- Bachelor diploma and diploma supplement or a graduation certificate for those who finish their bachelor studies in 2023
- Certificate/certificates attesting to the number of tuition-free or paid years attended in the Romanian university system and that the university fees have been paid up to date – for graduates who have attended other master’s programs;
- BSc graduates from the previous year must also complete the following DECLARATION
- Certificate of language proficiency IN AN INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE
- Birth certificate;
- ID card;
- Medical certificate;
- Declaration of consent for the processing of personal data (check in academic info at the beginning of pre-registration)
- Payment proof of the admission fee consisting of the registration fee (150 lei) + the processing fee (50 lei) = TOTAL 200 lei;
- Payment can be made online in the admission application; OR
- The amount can be paid at any post office in the country or by bank transfer to the following account: RO35TREZ21620F330500XXXX, tax code: 4305849 ATTENTION! It should be indicated: – for the Faculty of Biology and Geology and the candidate’s name. Documents showing the exemption from processing and / or registration fees for candidates who request this under the terms of this regulation;
CANDIDATES WITH BACHELOR STUDIES ABROAD, but with citizenship and residence in Romania will have to equate their studies before enrollment (bachelor diploma and its supplement). Further details related to equivalence can be obtained from the General Secretariat of UBB, - KOZMA KIS Elisabeta Edita Tel: +40-0264-405300, int.5105 Email:email@example.com
To confirm the place, you must follow the steps:
- The online confirmation on the admission platform in the personal account of each candidate: generate and load the signed contract, candidates declared admitted for a fee must pay the first schooling rate or in full to get a 10% discount.
- Submission of the file to the dean’s office/secretariat of the Faculty of Biology and Geology, 44 Republicii Street Cluj-Napoca, Cluj (the building next to the Botanical Garden)
The files must contain all the documents uploaded in the registration platform (including the contract uploaded for confirmation, in duplicate). The contract must contain a handwritten signature (not the electronic signature).
In the case of tuition-free places, confirmation involves the submission of the original baccalaureate diploma and transcript, bachelor’s degree, diploma supplement and language proficiency certificate.
All documents that can be left in a copy (ID card, Birth Certificate), including those that confirm a place with a fee (diploma and transcript) can be legalized free of charge at the secretariat if you bring their originals. If you do not have this possibility, please bring notarized documents.
Those who used a payment method other than the one on the admission platform are asked to bring proof of payment.
For a smooth process of taking over the documents at the secretariat, please bring the complete set in an envelope file (not with a rail, not foils, etc.), two photos and the original medical certificate.
Admission to the Faculty of Biology and Geology is strictly made in descending order of the general average grade obtained by candidates, depending on the selection system, the choice of candidates for a particular field, line of study, or form of education, and within the number of places for which the contest is organized. If there are several candidates with equal averages on the last place, the quantifiable tie-breaking criteria, established by the faculty and described in the Annex of the faculty to the admission regulation for the academic year 2023/2024-bachelor level, will be applied.
If a candidate admitted to tuition-free places renounces the student status acquired through the competition or does not confirm the place by the set deadline, the vacant place is filled in descending order of scores as follows:
- With one of the candidates who obtained the general average grade equal to that of the last admitted candidate, with the application of the tie-breaking criteria established by the faculty.
- With the first of the candidates below the average of those admitted under the budget regime.
- Through redistribution within the faculty’s study line, under the conditions established by the faculty’s own methodology.
The results of the admission contest, verified and approved by the Faculty’s Admission Committee, are made public by immediate posting on the web page in the „Admission” section and at the faculty headquarters, in a visible place, mentioning the date and time of posting.
Until this final phase, the following intermediate phases take place:
- Computer processing of the grades obtained by the candidates.
- Calculation of the final, general average admission grade of each candidate.
- The admission results, signed by the chairperson of the faculty committee and the Rector of the University, are displayed on the website and on the faculty notice board. The lists of candidates admitted for specializations on a tuition-free and fee basis are displayed, sorted in descending order by the general average (and other additional criteria) as well as the list of rejected candidates (for all specializations of the competition). The term and place of filing the appeals will be mentioned.
Appeals will be submitted according to the instructions given together with the results, within 48 hours from the date of posting the results and will be solved by the faculty committee.
The results of appeals will also be displayed. After the due date for solving and responding to appeals, the result of the admission competition is considered final and can no longer be modified, except through the mechanisms of withdrawals, non-confirmations and slips. After the final result has been established, appeals based on ignorance of the admission methodology are not accepted.
THE ADMISSION FEE consists of the registration fee and the processing fee: 200 RON for each unique registration form
- The registration fee is 150 RON
- The processing fee of RON 50 is mandatory and non-refundable.
To register for the admission competition, the faculties collect, according to the law, admission fees from the candidates for conducting the competition (regardless of the form of organization), their amount also including the activities related to the analysis of appeals submitted within the legal term.
Employees and children of employees of Babeş-Bolyai University, of the Central University Library, the Botanical Garden and of the University’s restaurants and cafeterias, as well as the children of teaching and auxiliary teaching staff or retirees from university and pre-university education institutions, are exempt from paying the registration fee. For organizational and communication aspects, including for potential pre-registration, a processing fee is charged, a fee that is not subject to exemptions, reliefs and is not refundable. Exceptions are orphans that lost both parents and young people from placement centers who are exempt from paying the admission fee (consisting of registration fee and processing fee). In the case of candidates coming from placement centers, the UBB Senate can allocate a few places without a fee, granted outside the tuition figure financed from the state budget.
Admission fees are paid for each competition, with any exemptions established by the University Senate.
When registering, the candidate is required to declare the number of years of study in which he/she has previously occupied a budgeted place at Babeş-Bolyai University or at another higher education institution.
Candidates admitted to the fee-paying places in the admission competition must register in the first year, conclude a university study contract with the faculty and pay the first installment of the tuition fee.
In case of requesting the withdrawal from studies before the beginning of the academic year, by a written request and registered at the secretariat of the faculty, the paid tuition fee will be fully refunded. Also, the fee paid upon confirmation of the place with payment, in case of slipping on the budgeted place, will be refunded.
The amount of the tuition fee at the master’s level is
- Full time master program: 3200 lei / academic year
- Part time/reduced-frequency master program: 3500 lei / academic year