Medical biology, Master’s programme
The 2-year professional programme in Medical biology is nationally accredited by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS). It also covers the European Syllabus (https://www.obbcssr.ro/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Programe-de-master-pt.-bbc-cf.-HG-641_2019.pdf) and is mainly oriented towards the training of professional skills in the field of medical biology in general and laboratory analysis.
The Master’s programme provides graduates with the following competences (extracted from Diploma Supplement):
· Application of principles of biology, its concepts and techniques in specific areas of biomedical sciences;
· Ability to explain and analyse at cellular and molecular level different types of processes and mechanisms occurring in biomedical sciences.
· Use of laboratory equipment, molecular biology techniques and bioinformatics tools in medical laboratories;
· Development of interpersonal skills – ability to work in teams;
· Development of systemic competences, in particular the ability to work independently, to design and develop projects and to achieve good quality results;
· Development of analysis and synthesis abilities based on the use of rigorous scientific methods;
· Skills for carrying out laboratory tasks in medical laboratory and quality control laboratories.
Admission is based on the undergraduate final examination score (50%) and the interview score (50%). The interview consists of a discussion focused on general issues (topic posted on the website), candidate’s motivation, academic background and professional interests.
Coordinator: Lecturer Dr. Daniel Criuceriu (email@example.com)