The 4-year BSc programme in Industrial Biotechnologies with Qualification Code L20502005020 is nationally accredited by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS). According to the National Register of Qualifications in Higher Education (RNCIS), the graduates of this specialisation achieve the basic qualification of BIOTECHNOLOGY ENGINEER (213152). Level of qualification: Bachelor Studies – Level 6 NQF (National Qualifications Framework) / EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
The holder of this diploma can take advantage of job offers in laboratories and production of food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, plant and animal health, product quality control, drinking water and waste water, etc. They can join companies offering consultancy services and also sale materials and equipment for biological, chemical, biochemical, clinical and pharmaceutical laboratories. They are also qualified as a teachers in technical education, after completion of the pedagogical module. Moreover, this qualification provides a milestone to the higher level of training represented by Master’s and PhD programmes in biology or biochemistry. The occupations concerned, according to the Romanian Classification of Occupations, are: biotechnological engineer (code 213152); research assistant in technological biochemistry (code 211309); teacher in vocational education and training (code 232001).
The Industrial Biotechnologies study programme provides graduates with the following learning outcomes (extracted from Diploma Supplement):
· Use of theoretical basis of biotechnology to improve the performance of organisms;
· Use biological processes in all forms and at all levels to obtain bio-products;
· Expertise and quality control of products obtained biotechnologically;
· Operate plants and equipment used in industrial biotechnologies;
· Management and planning of specific activities in production units or their compartments;
· Design, operation and optimisation of biochemical plants.
· Applying intellectual property rights (including technology transfer) and product certification according to methodology, principles, rules and values of the professional code of ethics in the context of rigorous, efficient and responsible work strategy, compliant with legislation;
· Identifying roles and responsibilities in a team and apply effective working and interpersonal techniques;
· Development the capacity of critical-constructive reflection on own level of training in relation to the professional standards.
Admission requirements can be found at the following links:
Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. PhD Cristina Dobrota (firstname.lastname@example.org)