The 3-year BSc programme in Biology is nationally accredited by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS), being mainly oriented towards the achievement of professional skills in the field of general biology. Graduates of this specialisation will have the basic qualification as BIOLOGISTS, according to the National Register of Qualifications in Higher Education (RNCIS). Level of qualification: Bachelor Studies – Level 6 NQF (National Qualifications Framework) / EQF (European Qualifications Framework).
The holder of this diploma is qualified, on the condition of graduating the pedagogical module, to teach Biology at any state or private educational institution. As well, the holder of this diploma is qualified to work in any research institute, accredited laboratory (food, water, pharmaceutical, cosmetics laboratories) or companies on positions requiring fundamental and practical competencies in biology and biochemistry (professional status extracted from Diploma Supplement).
The Biology programme provides graduates with the following learning outcomes (extracted from Diploma Supplement):
· Operating with notions, concepts, laws and specific principles of this domain;
· Investigation of molecular and cellular bases of organization and functioning of living matter;
· Characterisation and classification of living organisms;
· Exploring biological systems;
· Correlating, integrating and conducting processes that occur at different levels of organization of living matter;
· Designing scientific experiments and exploiting biological resources.
· Responsible and efficient fulfilment of tasks related to professional domain according to ethical principles;
· Identifying the role in a team and taking appropriate professional profile and personal responsibilities;
· Development the capacity of critical-constructive reflection on own level of training in relation to the professional standards.
Admission requirements can be found at the following links:
Coordinator: Assoc. Prof. Habil. PhD Anca Butiuc (email@example.com