WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY SPECIALIZATION BRING?
- graduates are biologists with a wider spectrum of employment possibilities, both in environmental protection specializations and in classical or modern biology
- we offer specific training for fields that are currently insufficiently covered in Romania: nature protection and conservation, biodiversity assessment, monitoring and conservation, cultural ecology, etc.
- we offer training focused on practical aspects, through study trips, field practices, participation in research projects, laboratories and exceptional courses.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?First of all, graduates of theoretical or vocational high schools, but anyone passionate about nature, environmental protection and species conservation, holder of a baccalaureate degree is welcome.
- biologist / ecologist in consulting companies specialised in environmental issues; in environmental impact assessment companies; as freelance ecologist as writer and project manager of conservation and research projects; as specialists on specific groups of organisms involved in drawing up management plans for protected areas; in construction / infrastructure companies: highways, water adductions, integrated sewage systems, oil platforms, green energy exploitation; as ecological consultants in companies aiming sustainable development etc.
- biologist / biology / ecologist / technical advisor in biology, ecology and environmental protection; microbiologist – in research laboratories in universities or centres of excellence; in private laboratories etc.
- on the condition of graduating the pedagogical module, the graduate is qualified to teach Biology at any state or private educational institution.
- Letter of motivation, marked Accepted/Rejected TEMPLATE HERE
- The average grade of the baccalaureate exam – with a weight of 100% in the final average grade, or the result of the “Emil Racoviţă” biology competition (for admitted candidates) with a weight of 100% in the final average grade.
- The final average grade (only for candidates admitted following the “Emil Racoviţă” contest) is calculated according to the algorithm: 9+ the score obtained in the contest/100
- the grade obtained in the specialty test of the baccalaureate exam (2nd test of the baccalaureate exam)
- the grade obtained in the test for choosing the profile and specialization within the baccalaureate exam (3rd test of the baccalaureate exam).